Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Run my own successful business/contract law practice.
18572087

I have a fairly involved legal question. My wife and I own a

Customer Question

I have a fairly involved legal question.
My wife and I own a business as a sole proprietor. We sell a product and owe the manufacture about 150k in back payments. We are currently making monthly payments to the from the products we sell. Recently they said they might stop selling to us which would force us to file bankruptcy. I am going to to start an LLC with two other partners with a whole new line of products from a completely separate company. In creating the LLC with them if I have to file bankruptcy with my current business should I form a separate LLC now to partner in the the LLC with the other two partners. What is the best way to protect my new business venture in the event I need to file bankruptcy on my current business?
Category: Business Law
Expert:  LawTalk replied 7 months ago.

Good afternoon Vince,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

You are facing a complex legal situation and you really should consider asking for a phone call so that I can discuss this at length with you. I have several ideas that may help you reach your goal but ferreting out all the facts really only makes sense in a phone call. I do not put arbitrary time limits on my calls either.

You can request a call by clicking on the "Call Me" button on your page.

Doug