Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  All corporate law, including non-profits and charitable fraternal organizations.
10285032

Have you read my question, California. I have not consulted

Customer Question

Have you read my question
JA: What state are you in? And have you consulted a local attorney?
Customer: California. I have not consulted a local one yet. But I've had a little guidance from a good friend who was a practicing proscuter and attorney in Florida
JA: Has anything been officially filed? If so, what?
Customer: The taxes have been completed by the accountant a couple or few months back. I wanted to do my taxes and the accountant told me that I would get a K-1 and they would send to me. So I filed an extension, which is now late and kept trying to get the K-1. Also is there any advice on what to do about the SBA garnishing my Social Security for the full amount
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Not sure
Submitted: 26 days ago.
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 26 days ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
If the accountant or the business has not issued a K-1 as required, you can file a complaint to the IRS, as this is no different than failure to issue a 1099. At this point you can send a letter to the accountant informing him that if he does not send the K-1 you will have to file a complaint with the IRS and also with the state CPA board as well.
As far as the SBA garnishment, in order to stop the garnishment, you first need to file a letter to the director at first to reduce the garnishment based on significant financial hardship. If the SBA refuses, then you have to file a motion in court to seek to reduce the garnishment and you would need a local attorney to represent you in the court action to get the court to order the reduction. That is all you really can do.
Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page , as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.