N Cal Attorney
N Cal Attorney, Attorney
Experience:  Since 1983
9653905

Does the town of Huntington a one car taxi owner to operate

Customer Question

does the town of Huntington a one car taxi owner to operate without an office .In other words, run it from home.
JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: New York
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Not yet
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 19 days ago.
Category: Business Law
Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Will they allow you to operate a legal 1 or 2 car taxi business from home . If so , what is it called.
Expert:  Asad Rahman replied 19 days ago.

I do not see any prohibition in your city. You may still need a business license from the state of New York. I do not think there is an issue working from home though.

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
The Town of Huntington is located in Suffolk County,New York. The town has as a requirement to run a taxi business you need an office in the town. Back to my original question, can you run a one car operation without an office in the town? Maybe from home. Do they have a provision for that?
Expert:  N Cal Attorney replied 18 days ago.

New Expert here.

I was not able to find any part of the towen ordinances that require a taxi business to havew an office. Do you know what specific ordinance requires that? Have you asked to town if you can get a zoning variance for your home to operate the business from there?

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
180-7. Business owner regulations.E. Business offices. Owners must maintain a business office within the Town of Huntington.

Thank you, ***** ***** 180-7E at http://ecode360.com/7228365

What is the zoning designation of your property?

Have you asked the town if you can get a zoning variance for your home to operate the business from there?

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Good idea .Thank you.
Expert:  N Cal Attorney replied 17 days ago.