Damien Bosco
Damien Bosco, Attorney
Experience:  Helping you with your legal questions.
68302747

Can I find out who owns an LLC? PA, wat do you mean? the LLC

Customer Question

hello
JA: Hi. How can we be of help?
Customer: can I find out who owns an LLC?
JA: Can you tell me what state the LLC is registered in?
Customer: PA
JA: Has anything been officially filed? If so, what?
Customer: wat do you mean?
JA: What confuses you?
Customer: the LLC is in PA we are working with them and can't seem to find the name of the LLC owner
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no - just would like to know if there's anyway I can find out who owns the LLC (the name of the person)
Submitted: 26 days ago.
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Damien Bosco replied 26 days ago.

Hello. My name is***** am an attorney. I will review your question. I may need to clarify facts first. I will answer & we can discuss issues.

Have you attempted to get a copy of the Certificate of Organization of the LLC from the State?

Customer: replied 26 days ago.
Ok
Customer: replied 26 days ago.
What questions can I answer for you?
Customer: replied 26 days ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 26 days ago.
No I have not
Customer: replied 26 days ago.
Can you please call me?(###) ###-####

One you accept the proposed offer to speak on the phone, I can call you.

The form has the list of organizers of an LLC and their addresses. Possibly you can get a copy of it. Here is some information on it. A Pennsylvania LLC is created by filing a Certificate of Organization Domestic Limited Liability Company (Form DSCB:15-8913) with the Department of State. The certificate must include: the LLC's name and address; the name and address of the LLC’s registered agent; the name and address of each organizer of the LLC; whether the LLC will be run by a manager; and whether the LLC will provide professional services (applicable to certain restricted professional companies). The certificate must be accompanied by a completed New Entity Docketing Statement (Form DSCB:15-134A). This form must include the LLC's name, the name and address of person responsible for initial tax reports; its purpose; its effective date, if any; its EIN, if any; and its fiscal year end.

Here is a link to a form to get a copy of one:

http://www.dos.pa.gov/BusinessCharities/Business/RegistrationForms/Documents/RegForms/15-133_145_153%20Copy_Certification%20request.pdf

You may want attempt to call them too.

Customer: replied 26 days ago.
Ok. Is this the only way to get this information?
Customer: replied 26 days ago.
Also - you said "possibly". Is it not guaranteed I may be able to obtain this information?

This would be the only way to get the information. I said possibly because I do not know exactly whether the state would provide you a copy of the complete form or a partial copy. Most likely it would be the whole copy. You can attempt to call them too:

Corporations: 206 North Office Building,*****br />Harrisburg, PA 17120
Corporations Phone:(###) ###-####/p>

We can discuss more if you want to do so.