Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Run my own successful business/contract law practice.
18572087

Pear! Wow. Didn't realize I could actually chat with

Customer Question

Hi, Pear! Wow. Didn't realize I could actually chat with someone. I'm looking for the right invoice terms for our situation. We're a luxury catering company. I've come up with the following...
JA: Have any documents been prepared or filed so far?
Customer: I just have a basic draft... Payment(s) are due per the contract. Final payment is due before the event date. For payments received after the event date, terms are Net 15. Late fees are calculated at 2% of the remaining balance beginning 30 days from the final payment date
JA: Because laws vary based on location, what state are you in?
Customer: California Wanted to possibly say something a litlte stronger at the end - perhaps about collections but not sure.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Nope. That's it. :o)
Submitted: 26 days ago.
Category: Business Law
Expert:  LawTalk replied 26 days ago.

Good afternoon,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today. I have been a CA licensed attorney for more than 3 decades.

This seems like a very crucial matter for you, and your questions and issues suggest that an in-depth conversation might best suit your needs. If you are interested, for a nominal charge of just $19 more I can offer you a personal phone conference during which there is no limitation on the number of questions you can ask of me, as opposed to continuing in this question and answer thread which is searchable and viewable by the public.

Let me know if you don't want a call and I will be happy continue here with an answer for you.

Either way, whether I call you or not, in order to give you a clear and concise answer, I will need some additional information about the circumstances, please.

1. Do you envision going ahead with the catering even if you have not been paid in full?

2. Do you have anything about the cost if the customer cancels before the day of catering?

3. Do you have a contract for services, or just an invoice that you submit? What terms are contained in the contract?

4. Does your contract have anything similar to the stronger language you are wanting for your invoice?

Thanks in advance,

Doug

Expert:  LawTalk replied 26 days ago.

I won't be able to assist you if you are not able to provide the minimal information I sought clarification on. Please get back to me with this information at your earliest convenience.

Doug