Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Run my own successful business/contract law practice.
18572087

I was off from a contracting firm, 22nd Century

Customer Question

I was laid off from a contracting firm, 22nd Century Technologies, INC (TSCTI). 90% of the employees with the firm are Indian, and of the dozen or so people laid off none were Indian. How can I find out if this firm has been sued before for discrimination?
JA: Has a complaint been filed and served in this case?
Customer: No.
JA: Because laws vary based on location, what state are you in?
Customer: Missouri
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: The layoff constituted about 25% of the workforce for this contract with the USDA. Pretty much everyone that isn't Indian was laid off and no Indians were laid off. I was hired as a full-time employee of TSCTI and was told the contract I was hired for would last for multiple years. I was then switched to a different project (at the same USDA location). I guess there are multiple factors here, but the main thing I'd like to know is does this company have a pattern of discrimination that might help a discrimination suit.
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Damien Bosco replied 3 months ago.

Hello. My name is***** am an attorney. I will review your question. I may need to clarify facts first. I will answer & we can discuss issues.