Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  All corporate law, including non-profits and charitable fraternal organizations.
10285032

My partner sold our interest in our LLC and I need to remove

Customer Question

Hi. My partner sold our interest in our LLC and I need to remove our names as members from the LLC. We are in Washington State. I can see that there are a number of forms that might work, but it would be nice to do something correctly the first time for a change.
JA: Can you tell me what state the LLC is registered in?
Customer: Washington State
JA: Has anything been officially filed? If so, what?
Customer: I filed on line to remove me as the registered agent yesterday with the Sec of State using a statement of change which did not allow me to address resigning as members.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Don't think so.
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 6 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
You need to file an amended articles of organization and amended annual report both. Those documents would change registered ownership interests in the LLC with the Secretary of State.
Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page , as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.