Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  All corporate law, including non-profits and charitable fraternal organizations.
10285032

Do I have to have a liquor license to be an LLC partner in a

Do I have to have a liquor license to be an LLC partner in a bar??
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
No you do not have to have your own liquor license to be a partner in a bar. However, to be a partner in a bar, they have to report your name to the Alcohol Beverage Control Board and you will have to undergo a background check and if you have a felony or any DUI convictions within 10 years, you could be refused to be allowed to be a partner in the business that has a liquor license and you would need to disclose any felony convictions or any DUI convictions and explain them on the application.
Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page , as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Thank you for your help
Thank you for your reply.