Damien Bosco
Damien Bosco, Attorney
Experience:  Helping you with your legal questions.
68302747

I was sick during settlement negotiation in the open Court

Customer Question

I was sick during settlement negotiation in the open Court and I found that I should not agree some of terms. What can I do now?
JA: Is this a civil court case or criminal court?
Customer: civic. several days late I was diagnosis by hospital as Episode of Transient neurologic sysptoms
JA: Because laws vary based on location, what state are you in?
Customer: Common Plea, PA
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: The settlement has open number of the money since can not be determined at that time. All number was presented by the other party. I was sick and I did not know what I was saying
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Damien Bosco replied 1 month ago.

Hello. My name is***** am an attorney. I will review your question. I may need to clarify facts first. I will answer & we can discuss issues.

Where you represented by an attorney?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
The fact is 1. My attorney realized my health condition when I was in the Court. 2. I was diagnoses by ER that I had TIA which means I can not stay whole day without eating. I am 66 years old. My attorney said I need to hire someone to file the petition for re consideration since he said he will be the witness testify in the Court. I consult another attorney and was told US is case law. He can not find any case like that Court allows re-negotiation of the settlement..

So, your attorney said to file a petition for re-consideration. It may be difficult to change an in court stipulation when you have an attorney who represents you because the attorney is presumingly vouching for your capacity. You may want to speak with a court clerk to see if there was a case file you can review to see what form would be the petition. We can continue to discuss this if you want to do so.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
My attorney said that I need ANOTHER attorney to for the petition for re consideration for re negotiation since he will be the witness in the Court to testify I was sick in the day settlement.

Yes. That would be true. He would be a witness. Possibly he could recommend another attorney for you. We can continue to discuss.