Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  All corporate law, including non-profits and charitable fraternal organizations.
10285032

I own and run a 501c3 corporation in Missouri and was

Customer Question

I own and run a 501c3 corporation in Missouri and was wanting to know if I can run another nonprofit business in Oklahoma under the umbrella of my corporation. Both entities are for religious purposes.
JA: Can you tell me where the nonprofit is registered?
Customer: The 501c3 is registered in Missouri and the other one will be registered as DBA in Oklahoma
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Not at this time, No
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Not that I can think of right now
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 month ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
You can run another 501c3 corporation under your originally chartered non-profit. You can have multiple non-profit entities under the umbrella of the main non-profit and you would issue the OK entity a charter which would state they are a member of your main non-profit and are operating under the auspices of the original MO non-profit. If you do not do it that way, you would open a new non-profit in OK that is operating independently.
Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page , as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
How do I issue the OK nonprofit a charter?