RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Attorney
Experience:  I have 30 years as a business lawyer in Texas
8534270

Should I sign a do not disclosure agreement if I was

Customer Question

Should I sign a do not disclosure agreement if I was nominated to be a candidate at an awards event.
I do not know the proprietary work involved with the company putting this event on.
They say they will reveal things, unsure if it is okay.
Category: Business Law
Expert:  RayAnswers replied 6 months ago.

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question and respond.

Here this is your judgment.You would do so only if you are interested in the awards and willing to give up your rights as a trade off.If you are uncertain here you can decline to be considered as a candidate.But the nondisclosure is to ensure the privacy of the selection process and pretty standard these days.

You decide if you want to give up your rights here or just say no and they select others.

I appreciate the chance to help you today.Thanks again.

I wish you a Happy Halloween.If you can positive rate 5 stars it is much appreciated.