Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  All corporate law, including non-profits and charitable fraternal organizations.
10285032

I bought a new suv out of anger with my other dealership.

Customer Question

I bought a new suv out of anger with my other dealership. Now I am stuck with two car loans that I did not properly think through. It haseems been less than 48hours since I signed the new contract for the suv. What Is the best way to negotiate with them since there is no law requiring them to let me return the vehicle
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 month ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Unfortunately, as you know since there is no law to back you up all you can do is go in and try to negotiate with them to agree to take the vehicle back and cancel the contract. The problem is you have no legal authority to back you up, so you have to plead to their common sense, goodwill and compassion, if you already signed the loan agreeing to the purchase.
If you did not sign anything other than the contract to purchase, you have a little bit more leverage, because if you did not sign the loan contract or or take the car yet you can argue there is no binding contract and while they could argue with you and even threaten to sue, the bot***** *****ne is they almost never sue they just walk away and sell it to someone else. But once you signed the loan agreement and the loan is approved you are bound to the contract I am afraid.
Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page , as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
What would be the best way to negotiate with them to take the car back. I have already signed the contract but it's been less than 48 hours

Unfortunately all you can do is plead with them if you have signed everything, because they are in the driver's seat on this deal and the law is pretty much against you. So you have to beg and plead with them to cancel the agreement and talk about your financial hardships it will cause you to endure.