Maverick
Maverick, Attorney
Experience:  20 years of professional experience
16823287

Are you saying that there is no standard verbiage to all

Customer Question

Are you saying that there is no standard verbiage to all LLC. contracts that allows me to have my name removed from it. and if there is, Is their a form or format I can use to get started
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Maverick replied 1 month ago.

Welcome to Just Answer! My name is***** give me a few minutes to review your inquiry. Thank you for your patience.

Expert:  Maverick replied 1 month ago.

Here are the laws that apply:

TITLE 2.6. CALIFORNIA REVISED UNIFORM LIMITED LIABILITY COMPANY ACT Article 1. General Provisions .......................... 17***-**-****1.17 Article 2. Formation: Articles of Organization and Other Filings ............................... 17***-**-****2.10 Article 3. Relations of Members and Managers to Persons Dealing with a Limited Liability Company .... 17***-**-****3.04 Article 4. Relations of Members to Each Other and to the Limited Liability Company ............... 17***-**-****4.10 Article 5. Transferable Interests and Rights of Transferees and Creditors ................... 17***-**-****5.04 Article 6. Member's Dissociation ....................... 17***-**-****6.03 Article 7. Dissolution and Winding Up .................. 17***-**-****7.09 Article 8. Foreign Limited Liability Companies ......... 17***-**-****8.09 Article 9. Actions by Members .......................... 17***-**-****9.02 Article 10. Merger and Conversion ...................... 17***-**-****0.19 Article 11. Dissenters' Rights ......................... 17***-**-****1.14 Article 12. Class Provisions .................................... 17712.01 Article 13. Miscellaneous Provisions ................... 17***-**-****3.13

MORE TO COME....

Expert:  Maverick replied 1 month ago.

Click on Article 6. Member's Dissociation - SECTION 17***-**-****6.03

This explains how you may withdraw as an LLC member.

Please Note:

(1) The information I provide is general in nature and for educational purposes only. For example, it may help you identify the scope of receiving unbundled legal services from a local lawyer. It should not be construed as “legal advice” or as the rendition of “legal services” on any subject matter. I am not a specialist in any field. This information may not reflect current legal developments for your specific jurisdiction and is not guaranteed to be correct or complete. No attorney-client relationship is established without a signed written agreement and our communications are not confidential. Please do not act or fail to act based on this information alone. If you need legal advice or services regarding a specific matter, you should consult in-person with a local lawyer who can guide you after reviewing all the pertinent details of your situation. This disclaimer also applies to any telephone communications we may have.

(2) Most follow-up questions are answered with in the hour; however, if I am not signed on, please allow up to 24 hours.

(3) When we are done, please assign a feedback rating.

Expert:  Maverick replied 1 month ago.

More to come....

Expert:  Maverick replied 1 month ago.

If the name of the LLC itself contains your family name within it, then I doubt there is anything that can be done at this point.

But, if they are using your family name as a brand for products, you may be stop them from using your likeness for commercial purposes without your permission.

3344. (a) Any person who knowingly uses another's name, voice, signature, photograph, or likeness, in any manner, on or in products, merchandise, or goods, or for purposes of advertising or selling, or soliciting purchases of, products, merchandise, goods or services, without such person's prior consent, or, in the case of a minor, the prior consent of his parent or legal guardian, shall be liable for any damages sustained by the person or persons injured as a result thereof.