RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Attorney
Experience:  I have 30 years as a business lawyer in Texas
8534270

I am interested in regestering a business (LLC) in, It has

Customer Question

I am interested in regestering a business (LLC) in Virginia
JA: Can you tell me what state the LLC is registered in?
Customer: It has not been registered yet - opening a new company
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: how could it be filed or reported if nothing has been registered?
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Sure, everything related to registering a business in Virginia
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Business Law
Expert:  RayAnswers replied 1 month ago.

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question and respond.

Here is step by step to register and set up an LLC in Virginia.

https://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclopedia/virginia-form-llc-31855.html

The specifications required of a Virginia LLC are:

Registration. LLCs are required to complete and submit Articles of Organization with the State Corporation Commission. This is done online or by mail. The Articles of Organization must include the following pertinent information:

• LLC name, address and county or city where LLC office exists
  • Registered agent’s name and address
  • Organizer’s name, phone number, signature and date

LLCs are required to submit signed original Articles of Organization to the Clerk of State Corporation Commission, accompanied by the necessary fees.

Forms and fees. LLC registrants are required to complete and submit Articles of Organization with the Clerk of the State Corporation Commission. There is a filing fee that must be paid upon submission of the documents. Documents to be expedited the next day are charged an additional expediting fee. For same-day processing, there is an expediting fee.

Timeline. The usual processing time for filing is between three to five business days. For expedited services, you can choose between same-day and next-day services, which have additional corresponding fees.

Naming requirements. LLC naming requirements can be confusing. However, the easiest way to ensure that your LLC name will be approved is to make it distinguishable from those of other LLCs and to include specific words required of LLCs. You may opt to have a preferred name checked for availability before filing your LLC formation documents with the State Corporation Commission.

Formation requirements. To form an LLC, a registrant must first file Articles of Organization with the Clerk of the State Corporation Commission. All submissions must be accompanied by the filing fee.

An LLC with more than one member is also strongly advised to have a limited liability company operating agreement among its members.

Operating agreement if you need one here

https://www.ilrg.com/forms/llc-opag-mem/us/va

I appreciate the chance to help you today.Good luck with the LLC here.