Bill Attorney
Bill Attorney, Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney
94475420

A person has filmed me (with my consent at time being,

Customer Question

A person has filmed me (with my consent at time being, however not in writing) and published a video for millions of followers on Facebook. Since the video did contain some inappropriate content with my bare arse I want to have it taken down. I did never sign a release form or any type of paper to do the video however this person is refusing to take the video down since he is earning money on this type of videos. I want to know my rights on this matter and if it's possible for it to be taken down ?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Bill Attorney replied 1 month ago.

This is attorney Bill reviewing your legal question.

Your legal question revolves around a breach or privacy , obscenity laws and unlawful recording laws.

Because the internet is a world wide forum, your question is based upon laws in your jurisdiction and abroad.

Facebook upon your demand would be required to take down the intruding video and any other site upon a showing that this person is you, and you don't request to its present use.

This is a criminal and civil matter. Hence, you would need to report the person to the police and you can sue that person for defamatory and privacy damages.

PLEASE REMEMBER TO RATE GOOD TO GREAT BEFORE EXITING

THIS GIVES ME A CREDIT

I WORK FOR CREDITS

Attorney Bill