Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Attorney
Experience:  Practicing Attorney with 10 years experience
91018665

I am from India and have a small business. I want to start

Customer Question

Hi..I am from India and have a small business. I want to start new business in USA. My friend has green card. Can I start business with partnership him in USA
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Business Law
Expert:  socrateaser replied 1 month ago.

If your partner is a legal permanent resident, then you and he can form a partnership in the USA. You can even get a business visa to visit the USA for purposes of negotiating contracts on behalf of your business -- but you cannot actually perform any labor or services for the business while in the USA.

I hope I've answered your question. Please let me know if you require further clarification. And, please provide a positive feedback rating for my answer (click 3, 4 or 5 stars) -- otherwise, I receive nothing for my efforts in your behalf.

Thanks again for using Justanswer!

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
can you elaborate on perform any labor or services for the business.. Also can you please tell me the business law or requirements for legal permanent resident to start the business.

I'm going offline. I will reopen this question for others to assist. Thanks again for using Justanswer!

Expert:  Asad Rahman replied 1 month ago.

The answer above is correct. Here are the requirements. https://www.uscis.gov/eb-5

Let me know if you have any additional questions. Otherwise a positive rating of 5 stars would be appreciated.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thanks for the link. The Link tells about EB-5 visa. however I want to know if I am to start business in partnership with Green card holder then what is the process. What are the charges for it? Also can I be the director in company and what all rights will I have? what type of visa I will get? Down the line can I apply for Green card? And if yes then after how much duration?