Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Attorney
Experience:  Practicing Attorney with 10 years experience

I own a C-Corp that is 15 years old and started in

Customer Question

Hi,I own a C-Corp that is 15 years old and started in California and then moved to Texas in 2011.I rented a virtual office in Dallas to be my business "street" mailing address and they receive my physical mail for me and forward that to a service that scans the mail and forwards it to me on my email.Here is a link about that facility: am out of the country 315+ days a year and never go into the "office" and have no assets or files maintained there.Question 1: Do I need to have a Dallas Business license? (When I established this location they told me I didn't need a business license because they had one for the facility.)Question 2: I received an arbitrary tax assessment from the Richardson Independent School District of $5,000+ and am told that I own about $200 in tax.I have no property in that location so my question is how do I handle this?Thanks,Winton
Submitted: 2 days ago.
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Asad Rahman replied 2 day ago.

Question 1- No I believe you do not need a business license as you are likely covered under the facilities' license.

Question 2- Yes, this is probably what you owe as part of your use of that facility. Even rental tenants have to reimburse the landlord of their premises for their portion of the property tax.