Irwin Law
Irwin Law, Attorney
Experience:  30+ yrs. representing small business, real estate, probate

Legal question - have a new business / website idea - how to

Customer Question

legal question - have a new business / website idea - how to protect my idea from web developer / investor / attorney etc? Should I patent my idea, now or later?
Submitted: 13 days ago.
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Irwin Law replied 13 days ago.

The only way to do that is to have the people you deal with sign non-disclosure agreements before you disclose your ideas. Otherwise, anyone of them can take off with it. Also you could patentability for an idea that you have disclosed to others. I suggest that you contact a lawyer who specializes in intellectual property to set up a procedure for you to follow.

I hope that I have provided excellent service and, if so, would love a 5 star rating. If not, please let me know how I can further assist you. There is no additional charge to you for rating me. A bonus is not required, but is always appreciated.

Thanks again for using JUST ANSWER.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
thank you for your response but it does not really help me. I will find a IP attorney now.
Expert:  Irwin Law replied 13 days ago.