Damien Bosco
Damien Bosco, Attorney
Experience:  Helping you with your legal questions.
68302747

CAN YOU SUE FOR HARRASSMENT AND FOR THE BOARD'S NEGLIGENCE

Customer Question

CAN YOU SUE FOR HARRASSMENT AND FOR THE BOARD'S NEGLIGENCE AND DISFUNCTIONAL
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: NEW YORK
JA: Has anything been officially filed? If so, what?
Customer: I AM BEING TOLD THAT I HAVE TO GO TO THE SUPREME COURT BECAUSE I AM TRYING TO SELL MY APARTMENT AND MANAGEMENT TOLD MY REAL ESTATE AGENT THAT I COULD NOT SELL MY APT. , I AM A SHAREHOLDER AND MY BUILDING IS A HDFC BUILDING, AND I TOOK IT FROM 7A - TO A CO-OP AND MANAGED IT FROM 1982 -2006 OF MARCH.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: YES, I HAD BUYERS FOR MY APARTMNT IN 2014 AND ***** ***** TOLD MY REAL ESTATE AGTENT THAT I Couldn't sell my apartment. I am living in NORTH CAROLINA SINCE 2012 I HAD TO COME AND TAKE CARE OF MY GRAND MOTHER SHE HAD DEMENTIA , IT' A LOT THAT HAS HAPPENED.
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Damien Bosco replied 7 months ago.

Hello. My name is***** am an attorney. I will review your question. I may need to clarify facts first. I will answer & we can discuss issues.

If there are facts to support it, a unit owner can sue a board for breach of fiduciary duty. Why is the board saying you cannot sell your unit?

Hello again! Checking in to see if you further help. Your satisfaction is my goal, and I'm happy to answer a related follow-up question you may have. If I have not answered your question completely or missed a question, please let me know and I will attempt to do so.