wallstreetesq.
wallstreetesq., Attorney
Experience:  10 years, Corp litigation, Of Counsel to several global and nationwide corporation
16356563

I have a written contract with my partner (we have no

Customer Question

I have a written contract with my partner (we have no written partner agreement) for money he owes me. He has been paying every month for the last year. Now with half paid back he stopped saying he wants all invoices in the past 4 yrs and all cancelled checks. We each have our own llc and a gentleman's agreement that who ever got paid would give half to the other. Does he have a defense to force me to provide all these records private to my business?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Business Law
Expert:  wallstreetesq. replied 1 month ago.

Dear Customer:

If you had a written contract, he is in breach, and you should advise him in writing that you will bring legal action against him for violating the contract, he has no legal right to inspect your private business records, unless he has a Court order, or if the contract states he does.

If you do bring a lawsuit, through the discovery phase of the lawsuit, he can request you produce these documents if they are relevant to the case, or if his claiming you did not pay him his fair share.

good luck, and if satisfied with our service please provide us with positive feedback, thank you

If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to ask.