Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Run my own successful business/contract law practice.
18572087

I have a small manufacture business one of my distributors

Customer Question

I have a small manufacture business one of my distributors came 3 years ago to sign contract with him in order to have the authorization to deal in all Europe and other countries, every time he was asking for more information about the process and ingredients of the products and he stop making sales, actually he only bought an order and never came back. I was trying to cancel the contract and find out he put a letter saying it can be cancel. I know is kind of complicated to explain. But this guy was trying to get me crazy, I need to say that he came after my husband died and he was negotiating with him before and then he try to take advantage of my inexperience in business. So my question is how can I cancel those contracts? Is any way that I can protect myself?
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Richard - Bizlaw replied 2 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will try to help you. Please remember I just report or interpret the law, so the outcome may not be what you hoped for.

What does the contract say about how long the contract lasts? What does it say the distributor must do to meet his obligations under the contract? Does the distributor have a sales quoto? Is there anything in the contract that says it cannot be cancelled or is that just what the distributor said? Finally, what does the contract say about what law governs the contract?