Richard - Bizlaw
Richard - Bizlaw, Attorney
Experience:  30 years of corporate, litigation and international law

Is there any specific license required to open my business;

Customer Question

Is there any specific license required to open my business; to repair/install commercial appliances such chillers and walk in cooler for California, (already have HVAC diploma and EPA licensed) and if so what is the procedure.
Submitted: 26 days ago.
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Richard - Bizlaw replied 26 days ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will try to help you. Please remember I just report or interpret the law, so the outcome may not be what you hoped for.

Would you being any repair of home appliances?

Do you have a license as an HVAC contractor?

Customer: replied 26 days ago.
I have a diploma as an hvac technician.
Would repir only commercial no home appliances

In order to do the type of servicing you are interested in you must be licensed by the Contractor’s State License Board. In order to get such a license you must have four years of verifiable experience in the filed and pass the licensing exam. Here is a link to the CSLB that explains the type of license and the sub-specialties.

To operate your own business you would have to have the required license or hire someone for an entity you create that has the required licenses and will act as the Responsible Managing Officer of the entity you create. An entity would be a corporation or a LLC.

If I have answered all your questions, please highly rate my answer as that is how I receive credit. If you have more questions, please let me know. If the answer was especially helpful you can provide a bonus.