CalAttorney2, Attorney
Experience:  I am a businesses law attorney, with experience advising and representing owners and investors.

I recently lost an Arbitration and did not appeal within the

Customer Question

I recently lost an Arbitration and did not appeal within the time limit provided. Since then I have found that at least one of the panel members had a conflict of interest that should have precluded them from sitting on the panel (my argument is that it was material enough to effect the outcome). Is there any recourse since it is past the appeal deadline?
Submitted: 27 days ago.
Category: Business Law
Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 27 days ago.

Hello, My name is ***** ***** I will assist you today. Please give me a few minutes to write a response and identify any additional resources for you.

Dear Customer,

I am sorry to learn of the situation, unfortunately the fact that the appeal deadline has passed is going to bar any appeal rights you may have had regarding the composition of your panel.

However, while you cannot do anything to change the outcome of your matter, it is possible to file a complaint with the Arbitration Company that your matter went through regarding the failure of this panel member to recuse themselves - they can take administrative action against this individual for failing to do so at that time.