Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Attorney
Experience:  Practicing Attorney with 10 years experience

I am using, for my business, a licence that allows auto body

Customer Question

I am using, for my business, a licence that allows auto body work done at my garage.. this licence legally belongs to my employee and I am paying him a fee each month for using it.; legal papers are being drawn up that legally acknowledges the above fact. in addition
i need wording that makes it very clear and locks in that this is, in fact, the situation. I'm thinking a ammendment . the wording doesn't need to be to long just clear. i need you to do this for me. please advise
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Richard - Bizlaw replied 1 month ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will try to help you. Please remember I just report or interpret the law, so the outcome may not be what you hoped for.

For his license to be used for your business does he have to be a responsible manager or some similar title? What happens if the employee leaves? If you are having legal papers being drawn up why is this being covered outside the legal papers? To prepare a paragraph it will have to be as a premium service. The cost would be $75. If that is acceptable, let me know.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
It is not acceptable. thank you. Also,
I don't expect to be charged for what you wrote above since it does not answer my original questions.

You will not be charged and I will opt out so another expert can help you. Please do not respond to this post as that will only slow the process.

Expert:  Asad Rahman replied 30 days ago.

Happy to help. I would add something such as the following:

Employee understands and acknowledges that Employer is operating under the license owned by Employee for purposes of the business. Employee shall immediately notify employer of any lapse or suspension in the license. Employer at no time owns the Employee's license.