Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Run my own successful business/contract law practice.
18572087

I run a cause based business where I promote petitions

Customer Question

I run a cause based business where I promote petitions through Facebook ads and after someone signs a petition I ask them to donate to help get more people signing the petition.
JA: What state are you in? And have you consulted a local attorney?
Customer: I'm in Missouri, and I have not. I just realized today that there might be legal issues with this that I need to address.
JA: Has anything been officially filed? If so, what?
Customer: I'm operating as an LLC.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I'd like to know specifically constitutes "soliciting the public" for donations in Missouri. I'd also like to know if I only need to comply with Missouri regs, or if I need to comply with regs in every state where my ads are displayed on Facebook.
Category: Business Law
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
If I need to comply with regs in every state where my ads are displayed on Facebook, I'd like to know what specifically constitutes "soliciting the public" for donations in those states.
Expert:  Richard - Bizlaw replied 2 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will try to help you. Please remember I just report or interpret the law, so the outcome may not be what you hoped for.

In order to offer phone service I have to make a premium offer of a telephone call. I will make that offer and you must accept it. Once it is accepted I will provide a phone number you can call to reach me.

I just sent you the phone call offer.