Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Run my own successful business/contract law practice.

I had a business in MN & I was connected to a business

Customer Question

I had a business in MN & I was connected to a business developer in FL. we decided to work together to try to raise money to build our business. We had filed for a patent before we spoke to this developer.. no written contract was signed. he wanted me to sign a MOU stating he would get 10% of all money raised, 10% of all revenue from future products, & another 10% bonus for just being involved. I would not sign this MOU I wanted to ad if he was successful in bringing in investors & I needed a legal contract formed by an attorney, MOU's are not recognized in MN they are in FL. He refused to have this done by an attorney. He claimed he had an investor & we would get the money in about a month, never happened. He ended up filing a lawsuit against us for breach of contract. I have spend $30,000 & this is not settled yet. We are retired elderly couple, broke & have medical issues & need some help.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Damien Bosco replied 1 month ago.

Hello. My name is***** am an attorney. I am here to help you with your question. We may discuss the issues too. Let me know that sounds good.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
can I call you about 8am or can you call me at 8am

I am available later this afternoon to speak on the phone. Let me know if 3pm EST works for you. Thank you.

Hello Patricia. I have not heard back from you. Are you still looking for help on your question? If so, please let me know. Thank you.