Alex Reese
Alex Reese, Attorney
Experience:  BS, MS, JD

I had some patent related question. i wonder if taht is

Customer Question

Hi I had some patent related question. i wonder if taht is something for whihc I can get an aswer here.
JA: What's the invention's purpose?
Customer: Thanks
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: 'It is related to developing a website. The idea is pretty much based on sharing greeting cards to be signed by differnt users. I see tehre are few patents on this line and also tehre is one company whcin provides simillar service. i ahd a diffent approach to whole thoing and wanted to provide a service ot user to be able to sign cards and other things online by sending the link to froends.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: II wanted to know if I need to patetn my stuff or will I be infiring ing on sthose patestn if I develop tis website. Thats it
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Business Law
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I see there is a patent filed by an individual in patneting the idea of sharing a greeting card to differnt people to sign it. I also see a website whihc does not have patent but provides service to send people greeting cards to sign it. I want to know if I develop an website whihc is differnt that the existing site but is absed on sahring pictures to be signed, will I be infiringing and will have issues. And do I need to patent my small variation of the product I will e devloping.
Expert:  Alex Reese replied 1 month ago.

When it comes to infringement, that requires detailed analysis of the patent claims, it's not something that can be spoken of generally or through a web services like this, you will need to hire a patent attorney and it will cost a considerable amount of money depending on how many patents need to be examined. You need what is called a "freedom to operate" analysis, which is what people do before releasing a product or service to determine whether it may be infringing a patent, which requires construing the claims and comparing them to the website you intend to create. As far as whether your new approach is patentable, the legal standard is that it must be novel and non-obvious to one of skill in the art....and again, you will need to meet with a patent attorney to discuss the details of patentability and whether you should file a provisional or utility patent. An attorney-client relationship is required in order to keep your disclosure confidential.

Let me know if that answers your question and Please don't forget to RATE me so that I get credit, thanks