Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Run my own successful business/contract law practice.

I need to know if a Non-Compete signed in 1999 for my

Customer Question

I need to know if a Non-Compete signed in 1999 for my previous job is still in effect? I was demoted in 2004 from a District Manager to a Cryogenic Sales position. The Non-Compete was for the District Managers job with a 50 mile radius of Charleston. My position since then as a Cryogenic Sales Person has me covering all of SC and Northern GA. I can supply more information an d a copy of the Non-Compete if needed.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Richard - Bizlaw replied 1 month ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will try to help you. Please remember I just report or interpret the law, so the outcome may not be what you hoped for.

Was the non compete related solely to your position as District Manager or did it encompass your employment generally? Was the agreement signed at the time you started working for the company? What kind of position are you considering taking at a new company? Would you have an ownership interest in the new business? What if any proprietary information would you be using from the old company in the new company?