LawTalk, Attorney
Experience:  I have 25 years experience in the practice of law.
15277592

I have a used car dealership corporation and I am

Customer Question

I have a used car dealership corporation and I am considering filing a bankruptcy for the business. I have business line of credit, business credit card, balance with auto auction and some unpaid state taxes. Will filling bankruptcy discharge any of these liabilities or allow settlement ?
Category: Business Law
Expert:  LawTalk replied 2 months ago.

Good evening,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

If you file for chapter 7 for your corporation you can liquidate the business and get rid of all of the debts and possibly some or all of the taxes---depending on when they were incurred.

If you file for chapter 11 reorganization, then while your debts may be partially discharged, you will not avoid them entirely.

I hope that I have been able to fully answer your question. As I am not an employee of JustAnswer, please be so kind as to rate my service to you. That is the only way I am compensated for assisting you. Thank you in advance.

I wish you and yours the best in 2016,

Doug

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Would you be able to take on my case or do you know someone who would?
Expert:  LawTalk replied 2 months ago.

Good evening,

I'm sorry, but JustAnswer prohibits us from representing customers of JustAnswer. Additionally, you will always want a local attorney to assist you in any case you might become involved in, because a local attorney will know the other local attorneys likely to become involved as well as know the judges in your county. So for many reasons, you really want to retain a local attorney if you retain one.

If you would tell me the Illinois city your business is in I can get you a list of bankruptcy attorneys in your area.

Doug

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
im in chicago 60632 zipcode , please send me the list
Expert:  LawTalk replied 2 months ago.

Thanks. I'll get you the list in short order.

Doug

Expert:  LawTalk replied 2 months ago.

Good evening,

Here is the promised link. While there are quite a few bankruptcy law firms listed, there are also a lot that will give you a free consultation. http://lawyers.findlaw.com/lawyer/lawyer_dir/search/jsp/stdSearch_process.jsp?stype=BY_ADDR_OR_ZIP&keyword=business+bankruptcy&location=Chicago+%2C+IL&target=FIRM&language=Select+a+language

You may reply back to me using the Reply link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction.

Please remember to rate my service to you so that I can be compensated for helping you. Thank you in advance.

I wish you and yours the best in 2016,

Doug

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Do i need to hire a lawyer or i can file that by myself ? also the link you send me not work
Expert:  LawTalk replied 2 months ago.

I'll send the link again. I just tried it and it worked fine for me. http://lawyers.findlaw.com/lawyer/lawyer_dir/search/jsp/stdSearch_process.jsp?stype=BY_ADDR_OR_ZIP&keyword=business+bankruptcy&location=Chicago+%2C+IL&target=FIRM&language=Select+a+language

If the link still won't work, then try copying it and pasting it to your browser.

Legally you cannot represent your corporation unless you are a licensed attorney. Only an attorney can represent a corporation.

Please keep in mind that, even though you have already paid your deposit money over to JustAnswer, until you rate me highly for my service, I will not be paid for having assisted you with your questions.

You may of course reply back to me and I will be happy to continue to assist you further.

I wish you well,

Doug

Expert:  LawTalk replied 2 months ago.

Good evening Paul,

It is possible that your questions and issues might be better served by an in-depth conversation with me. If you are interested, for a very nominal charge I would be happy to offer you a private phone conference.

Please know that I answered your question in good faith, providing you with the information that you asked for, and I did that with the expectation that you would act likewise and rate my service to you. As I have already provided you with the information you asked for and if you have no additional questions, would you please now rate my service to you so I can be paid for assisting you?

Thanks in advance,

Doug