Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Run my own successful business/contract law practice.
18572087

A substantial private company resulting in a billion dollar

Customer Question

A substantial private company resulting in a billion dollar merger in 2015 has assumed a name and url similar to ours and I have written to company's CEO and their General Counsel has stated we don't compete; however they are in the financial service market and offer assistance to wealthy clients; something we have done over 42 years on a strategic level while they specialize on tax shelters. Our url has name separated by a hyphen and their's doesn't. Our name used for some 42 years ( we were incorporated in 1974) in the USA and our name has been accepted by a plethora of clients. We need someone to negotiate a settlement.
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Ely replied 2 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

I am sorry to hear about this situation. What exactly are you asking here, i.e. what is your question? For example: "How does the Court decide that the companies complete?" OR "Can I do anything else besides filing suit?" Etc.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Not an adequate response. Has nothing to due about the Court. Are you in a position to negotiate a settlement based on the infringement of a name and URL which company we incorporated in 1974 and have had the same url since 2000. Our name is***** and url www.lombard-international.com and their'n name Lombard International and url - www.lombardinternational.com
Expert:  Ely replied 2 months ago.
JustAnswer experts cannot take customers on as clients, sorry. So, I cannot.
I can provide general information on trademark/copyright, including how someone in your situation may go about enforcing their rights and who may have the "higher" right to the name.
I can also help you find an attorney in your area if you'd like. Let me know.