Irwin Law
Irwin Law, Attorney
Experience:  30+ yrs. representing small business, real estate, probate

I received a "Request and Order to Seize Property" today at

Customer Question

I received a "Request and Order to Seize Property" today at my residents. However, the lawsuit is from a vendor we did business with 2 years ago. My business is incorporated in Michigan, but papers are filed with my personal name and DBA my company name. Can the officer seize my personal property?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Irwin Law replied 1 month ago.

No. The officer can only seize what the order specifically authorizes him to seize. The order should state specific item or items by nomenclature, serial numbers or other identifying means. It can't simply say all of the property of John Doe.I hope that this is helpful.

Please rate the answer so I may receive credit. There is no additional cost to you. Thanks for your understanding and for using JUST ANSWER.