RayAnswers, Attorney
Experience:  I have 30 years as a business lawyer in Texas

One of our wealthy clients has offered to 100% pay for

Customer Question

One of our wealthy clients has offered to 100% pay for renovations on our new yoga business space. The renovations will be in the 10s of $1000s. She wants us to use her contractor. We have not known her very long, but she seems to really appreciate what we have done for her.
I would like some kind of written agreement to protect us in case she has ulterior motives. She could be doing this out of kindness, but I'm also concerned about getting scammed, getting stuck with the bill, or that she might try to make some claim on our business or have other unseen expectations.
What needs to go in such a contract and what can happen if we don't have any written agreement?
Thank you!
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Business Law
Expert:  RayAnswers replied 1 month ago.

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question and respond.

Either a note or acknowledgement of gift letter is a good idea to protect you.

You may want to have a local lawyer prepare a simple contract here stating it is a gift and she will pay or a promissory note if you are intending to pay.I really worry about this turning out to be a scam especially since she has a contractor lined up.The lawyer here locally can check this person out to verify whether they are legitimate.It will be money well spent.You cannot be too careful here.This sounds too good to be true.

I appreciate the chance to help, please let me know if you have more follow up.If you can leave a positive rating when we are done it is always sincerely ***** ***** with the remodeling.