Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.

I'm an attorney and am currently a contractor for a company.

Customer Question

I'm an attorney and am currently a contractor for a company. They have asked me to sign some contracts on their behalf. I have actually never been in this situation before (usually I have been in-house counsel as an employee or at a firm and we were not asked to sign on behalf of clients). Most of these agreements are NDAs. Can I sign on behalf of my client if they give me express written consent?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 month ago.

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Yes, you can sign in your fiduciary capacity. However, you need to make sure that you note that you are signing as the Attorney and not in your individual capacity: By so and so as an Attorney for....