How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dimitry K., Esq. Your Own Question
Dimitry K., Esq.
Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney
Category: Business Law
Satisfied Customers: 1611
Experience:  Run my own successful business/contract law practice.
Type Your Business Law Question Here...
Dimitry K., Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

After my divorce I had many problems with my business and I

Customer Question

After my divorce I had many problems with my business and I decide to change name and have all the licenses under my cousin, the only thing that THAT IM HAVING PROBLEMS IS with THE BUSINESS LICENSE.
Name change but they return my application because they need a "proof of sale"
If I change owner and name, what can I argue in order not to provide proof of sale? Or if I'm going to have a problem because of sale paying tax for the sale.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Damien Bosco replied 1 month ago.

Hello. My name is***** am an attorney. I am here to help you with your question. I will review it. And then we can discuss it. Sound good?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Sure, thanks
Expert:  Damien Bosco replied 1 month ago.

Hi again: Question, what is the form of the business: LLC, S-Corp, Sole proprietorship?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Sole proprietorship
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Same, before and new sole proprietor
Expert:  Damien Bosco replied 1 month ago.

I need to ask these questions to get a better understanding of the facts. Thanks for you patience. When you said you changed the name, did you do the by paperwork with the county (or other agency)? Also, please provide your county and state. Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Orange County in California
Expert:  Damien Bosco replied 1 month ago.

Did you actually sale the business? You say you are a sole proprietor. Did you actually stop deducting expenses on your returns, sold the business to someone else, switch the business license into their name and now what to change it back to your name?