MDLaw
MDLaw, Attorney
Experience:  Experience in business law, contract law and related matters.
16277701

I'm in independent contractor. What's the law if the company

Customer Question

I'm in independent contractor. What's the law if the company you have the contract with doesn't pay you. Note: I have been invoicing them.
Category: Business Law
Expert:  MDLaw replied 3 months ago.

Hello Trivia and thank you for using the Just Answer website. I look forward to assisting you. If you have a contract with another party and that party has breached the contract, then your legal recourse is to sue for breach of contract. Because of the amount of money that is owed, you would be able to sue in small claims court and you won't need to hire a lawyer since the rules of civil procedure are more relaxed in small claims court.

Please let me know if this has answered your question and if it has, please be so kind as to leave a positive rating as that is the only way that we experts get credited for the time spent assisting you. If, however, you need more information, please simply reply back to me and we can continue our conversation. Thank you in advance for allowing me to help you today.

Expert:  MDLaw replied 3 months ago.

Please let me know whether you need any clarification.