Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Attorney
Experience:  Practicing for over 20 years and helped a number of businesses with litigation.

What is the best state to form an llc in? The business would

Customer Question

What is the best state to form an llc in? The business would be operating in Texas and Colorado expanding to Florida. Say I form one in Nevada which I hear is one of them I would just need an agent there and could operate elsewhere is that correct?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 1 month ago.

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to helping you today.

It takes an in depth interview to determine exactly what state is best because it depends on your tax rate, your type of business, liability aspects, etc

However, Texas is as good or better than any other state now unless you are a company that is doing online loans or issuing credit cards in which case Utah is probably better.

Texas is extremely favorable to business as far as liability issues plus the taxes are as good or better there than anywhere else. Since you are operating in Texas then it makes sense from that direction as well.

Usually you only need a person or entity for service of process in whatever state it is though.

If your question has been answered then I'd offer my best wishes to you and ask that you please not forget to leave a Positive Rating so I receive credit for my work. Of course, please feel free to ask any follow up questions in this thread. I want to be sure that all of your questions are answered.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
to get this you think Texas has good protection for an LLC? Do you know what the tax rate would be or does that vary?
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 1 month ago.

Yes, Texas has a court system and laws which are very business friendly.

I can't tell you the tax rate, it's not something I work with regularly, someone else does that for me. You could ask a new, separate question under the Tax category or speak with your accountant.

Texas has become very popular as a state in which to incorporate as well as in which to operate.