J. Warren
J. Warren, Attorney
Experience:  Experience in general business transaction and formation matters.
64316804

My eye doctor's optometrist did not protect my eye glass; or

Customer Question

My eye doctor's optometrist did not protect my eye glass; or remove the lenses as I requested they do so; before he heated my frames and because of this - the protective coating on the lenses is now damaged and the glasses are ruined. This exact thing happened last year at the same business; and after a long time; they did finally work with me and they got me new lenses since they damaged the first set. I'm asking them to do the same again; especially since I specifically told them as they advised me to do - to tell them ahead of time to protect the lenses; and he did not. They are only willing to give me 1/2 off; and my dilema is I don't have a backup pair to use for 2 weeks while these are being repaired. advise?
Category: Business Law
Expert:  J. Warren replied 3 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I am an attorney who will try my very best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site.

I am sorry you are dealing with this situation. If I were in your shoes I would take the optometrist to small claims for the amount of your damages including replacement cost of new glasses and inconvenience of being without glasses. In order to get the glasses repaired immediately you can pay for what they want but make it clear that you are not waiving your rights to sue for the full amount. In other words do not sign anything that releases the company from further liability for the other 1/2 of the costs.

It may be enough for you to tell the manager you are prepared to go to court and seek the entire amount of cost to repair the glasses that were broken due to the negligence of the optometrist. This may be enough, if not, have your day in court for your costs and expenses and do not do business with this company in the future.

All my best and encouragement. Thank you for allowing me to help you with your questions. I have done my best to provide information which truthfully addresses your question. Please note: If I tell you simply what you wish to hear, this would be unfair to you. I need to be honest with you and sometimes this means providing information that is not optimal. Negative ratings are reserved for experts who are rude or for erroneous information. Please rate me on the quality of my information; do not punish me for my honesty. Kindly rate my answer as one of TOP THREE FACES/STARS and then SUBMIT, as this is how experts get credit for our time.