Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Attorney
Experience:  Practicing Attorney with 10 years experience

I'm trying to rent an apartment in a private house and the

Customer Question

I'm trying to rent an apartment in a private house and the lease says: 1.”The tenant is responsible for snow removal including the driveway, walkways, stairs and sidewalks...” and 2.”Tenant is responsible for the first $100.00 of the cost of each minor repair…”It seems to me the Landlord should do these things and would the Landlord be liable if I were to hurt myself shoveling?
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Asad Rahman replied 2 months ago.
I understand your concern but such language is fairly typical in a lease. You can negotiate certain things need to be landlord responsibility such as plumbing or AC heating etc. i do not believe a court would hold your landlord liable if you were injured shoveling snow Unfortunately.

If you have any additional questions just let me know otherwise a positive rating would be appreciated.