Richard, Attorney
Experience:  32 years of experience practicing law and a businessman.
17027240

How do i transfer a single ownership llc to another party

Customer Question

Hello. How do i transfer a single ownership llc to another party inTexas? There is no formal operating agreement that I know of. I will be the transferee but am responsible for fact finding on the process.
JA: Can you tell me what state the LLC is registered in?
Customer: The company was registered through Delaware - is that what you are asking? It operates out of Texas
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: Nope!
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: Not that I know of yet.
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Richard replied 3 months ago.

Hi. My name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today! It will take me just a few minutes to type a response to your question. Thanks for your patience!

Expert:  Richard replied 3 months ago.

You transfer ownership of an LLC by an Assignment of Interest document. Once signed by both you and the assignor, you will own the LLC. You will want to prepare an Operating Agreement for the LLC once that happens. I have attached a template of the Assignment document to save you the trouble of having to pay for one. :)

Expert:  Richard replied 3 months ago.

Thank you so much for allowing me to help you with your questions. I have done my best to provide information which fully addresses your question. If you have any follow up questions, please ask! If I have fully answered your question(s) to your satisfaction, I would appreciate you rating my service as Good or Excellent (hopefully Excellent). Otherwise, I receive no credit for assisting you today. I thank you in advance for taking the time to provide me a positive rating!