Loren, Attorney
Experience:  30 years experience representing clients .
17897874

I need a little legal advice, I purchased a vehicle it was a

Customer Question

I need a little legal advice, I purchased a vehicle it was a buy here pay here between the seller and my self. I completely paid off the car on the August 6, 2016. The gentleman would not remove the tracking device/ remote shut off on the vehicle and I have still not received the title for the car. can you please let me know what action I should take handling getting my title and laws on him removing the devices and time frames for having my title. I do have my receipt for my purchase.
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Loren replied 3 months ago.

Posted in error

Expert:  Loren replied 3 months ago.

In every purchase of a motor vehicle is the warranty to convey clear title. Failure to do so is a breach of contract for which you can sue the seller. You could sue in small claims court if the claim does not exceed $3000. Otherwise, you would need to sue in regular court.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Should i notify the seller about taking him to court or should i just file?
Expert:  Loren replied 3 months ago.

You can make a written demand for compliance within 7 days and then file.

Expert:  Loren replied 3 months ago.

If you have no further questions, and have not yet done so, please remember to leave a favorable rating (click 5 stars in the rating section on this page) so that I am credited by JustAnswer for assisting you. A bonus is not required, but is always appreciated.