Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  All corporate law, including non-profits and charitable fraternal organizations.
10285032

Why should I not put a lien on the property for 71mill?

Customer Question

Category: Business Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 3 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
You do not have a basis for putting a lien without a court order at this point. A lien would need to be granted by court order because you lost the state court case on the property. If you put a lien, they will sue to remove it and you would be made to pay the costs for putting the invalid lien in place. If you ask the court to put such a lien on it as a prejudgment lien in the federal case, the court is not likely to agree since the company has more than enough assets to pay a judgment and the house is not worth the amount you are asking anyhow.