Gerald, Esq
Gerald, Esq, Lawyer
Experience:  30 years of experience

I started a non profit business in the state of Oregon and

Customer Question

I started a non profit business in the state of Oregon and obtained my 501c3 status from the IRS. I have split from my partner and want to get everything out of my name and transferred into hers. How do I do this?
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Gerald, Esq replied 2 months ago.

Thank you for using Just Answer. I want to provide you the best service I can. Please feel free to ask any follow up questions you have.

I am an attorney with 30 years of experience; I hope to provide you information that will help you in resolving your question.

You need to complete an Information Change form with the Oregon Department of State. This Form allows you to notify the Department of changes to the Non-Profit. The form. It is the same form used to change information regarding any corporate structure.

Here is the form:

Here is the contact information for the Department:

Secretary of State - Corporation Division

***** NE, Suite 151

Salem, OR###-##-####-

Phone:(###) ###-####/p>

You don't need to report to the IRS the change. It would be done on the return filed at tax time.

I hope the information I provide is useful to you. I want you to be comfortable and satisfied with my attempt to assist you. Please, if you have ANY follow up questions, feel free to ask. Please note that I am generally unavailable Friday evening through Sunday.

Please do not forget to give me a positive rating. It adds nothing to your costs but it helps me greatly. Thank you.

If you are dissatisfied with my response PLEASE let me know before giving me a negative review so that I may try to be of better assistance. Or if you prefer, let me know and I can “Opt Out” and your question can be re-posted without additional cost to you. I will be fair to you and only ask the same from you.

Good luck.

Please note: Information is educational and not given as legal advice. Only your local attorney can give legal advice. I can't establish or accept an attorney-client relationship with you. All posts are available for public viewing.

Kind regards,