RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Attorney
Experience:  I have 30 years as a business lawyer in Texas
8534270

D.C. allows non attorney ownership of a law firm (with

Customer Question

D.C. allows non attorney ownership of a law firm (with specific guidelines). I am exploring this option and curious to know does the entity have to be DC based or could I have a more tax friendly LLC location (Delaware, Wyoming etc) that submits the paper work to be a foreign company doing business in DC?
Category: Business Law
Expert:  RayAnswers replied 4 months ago.

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.

Since you are practicing in DC the LLC or corporation has to be set up there in order to transact business and practice law. I understand why you want to do this but it would not work here.The DC government and bar would require it to be located in DC here.Sorry that just won't work for this type of business.

How to set up LLC here in Washington DC..

https://www.harborcompliance.com/information/how-to-form-an-llc-in-district-of-columbia

I appreciate the chance to help you today.If you can positive rate 5 stars it is always much appreciated.