Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  All corporate law, including non-profits and charitable fraternal organizations.
10285032

Live in an apartment complex for 55+ 150 units over 12

Customer Question

live in an apartment complex for 55+ 150 units over 12 buildings 130 parking spaces with every one in 10 a handicap space including the one I fell over not pained. do not know what law sees about them, I had emeragence unit to hospital and so far 4 visita to ent doctor plus one operation by same dr. will need help with medical bills and pain was harrifick or very bad
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 5 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
In order for the landowner to be liable for your injury, you have to prove that they were aware of a hazard in the parking lot that caused your fall and that they failed to correct the hazard or failed to provide warning to you about the hazard. So, in order to sue them for liability you have to prove this knowledge and you can recover for your medical expenses and your pain and suffering from your injury, which would be about 4 times the amount of your medical expenses.