Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  All corporate law, including non-profits and charitable fraternal organizations.
10285032

I need to sue a Russian Tech company as IU have paid 40,000

Customer Question

I need to sue a Russian Tech company as IU have paid 40,000 USD for the following things:
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Russia and UK
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: yes
Category: Business Law
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
here the details:I paid 40 thousand US Dollars to have a professional fully completed App for IOS iPhone in just 3 months.
What I have now, after 5 months from making the payment is 40% of the App completed only, low quality App and low quality of design (misleading content on their website as they show great works done but mine has been the worst work done so far).
They have been constantly asking me for extra money and payments during the course of the development, I paid and now I cannot afford anymore and what I have got is a not completed version of the App I have paid for.The company is based in Russia and I am based in the UK, what do I do?How much will cost to me to sue them?
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 5 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
There is a huge issue with this because they are in Russia. You will need an attorney in Russia to file suit against them if you want to get your money back based on their breach of contract. The costs of an attorney in Russia may cost you about 1/3 or so of the money they are able to recover for you, but each attorney negotiates their own fees so some may do it at a more reduced rate. You can locate an attorney in Russia at the same sites used by other attorneys, http://www.hg.org or http://www.lexmundi.com