Maverick
Maverick, Attorney
Experience:  20 years of professional experience
16823287

Ray, do i have to get my documents stamped by the court

Customer Question

ray, hi do i have to get my documents stamped by the court prior to sending them to defendants? i am filing the originals in court today but want to mail the defendants theres now.
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Maverick replied 4 months ago.

Did you want to wait for Ray to answer? Or, may I assist you with this? This is expert Maverick.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
sure you can tell me also where do i get a process server for a case filed in district court of az
Expert:  Maverick replied 4 months ago.

1. The rule (Rule 5) states as follows: (1) Required Filings; Certificate of Service. Any paper after the complaint that is required to be served—together with a certificate of service—must be filed within a reasonable time after service. But disclosures under Rule 26(a)(1) or (2) and the following discovery requests and responses must not be filed until they are used in the proceeding or the court orders filing: depositions, interrogatories, requests for documents or tangible things or to permit entry onto land, and requests for admission.

So, you serve the defendants first and then file them in court within a reasonable time thereafter.

2. Here is a link to help you find a process server.