Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

I purchased a vehicle today. I spoke with the salesman the

Customer Question

I purchased a vehicle today. I spoke with the salesman the day before; we were talking about financing. He said that the payments would be $493 "in a worst case scenario, but they would be probably be lower after running my credit."I picked the car up today, and signed the contract. When I got home, I realized that the $493 was $507--a difference of $1008 over the term of the 72 months, IF I choose to take that long to pay for the car.My wife and I both heard the man quote us the $493. Do you have any suggestions? Does Texas still have the three day writ of recision/buyers remorse? We took advantage of it in 2004, returning a car we had bought two days earlier, but weren't sure if it was still in effect. The reason I ask about that is that this dealer today put the date of delivery as July 28; it should have been today, the 30th. It is almost as if they are trying something, and shortening our three day writ of decision so we they can take us for $1000--and we won't have time to return the car? Please advise. I figure they will tell us I should have read the contract first, but I didn't think they would try anything. Or that that is a $14 window on the quotes, maybe.
Category: Business Law
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 4 months ago.

Unfortunately, the three-day rescission does not apply. For more information, click here. However, you can go back there and speak with the salesperson/sales manager. DO NOT CALL and give them time to "weasel out" of promises made. Go there in person and find out why you were told one time, but the contract says another, eventhough you should have read the contract before signing it.

Kindly give a positive rating to my response so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for doing this.

Thank you for your cooperation.