Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  All corporate law, including non-profits and charitable fraternal organizations.

Regarding my previous question, is possible to negotiate on

Customer Question

Regarding my previous question, is possible to negotiate on a state tax liability? AM wondering if we can negotiate to possibly remove some of the interest and penalties and just pay the amount due in full. Would appreciate your input on how best to address this, please.
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 2 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Ohio department of taxation will accept an offer in compromise and you need to negotiate based on your significant economic hardship to get them to agree. There is a formal process which you can see at:
It is going to be up to you to present them enough information to show the economic hardship and unlikeliness that you will be able to make the payments due.