Gerald, Esq
Gerald, Esq, Lawyer
Experience:  30 years of experience
77476456

I am producing a training video and am ring a former FBI

Customer Question

I am producing a training video and am hiring a former FBI official as my on-camera spokesperson. I am already set up as an LLC in New York State. I'm producing the video in partnership with another company. We don't yet have a formal partnership agreement, and probably won't have this before the filming takes place next week. Can I ask the FBI official to sign an agreement with both my company and my partner's company jointly? Usually when I do a talent release there are only two parties-- the talent and the production company. Thanks.
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Gerald, Esq replied 5 months ago.

Thank you for using Just Answer. I want to provide you the best service I can. Please feel free to ask any follow up questions you have.

I am an attorney with 30 years of experience; I hope to provide you information that will help you in resolving your question.

Yes you can have the talent sign a release that specifically mentions the other company. That is actually a very good idea. In addition you want to make sure that your release has assignment language in it that allows you to assign the use of image rights in case you later transfer your rights. The standard release form should contain an assignment clause.

I hope the information I provide is useful to you. I want you to be comfortable and satisfied with my attempt to assist you. Please, if you have ANY follow up questions, feel free to ask. Please note that I am generally unavailable Friday evening through Sunday.

Please do not forget to give me a positive rating. It adds nothing to your costs but it helps me greatly. Thank you.

If you are dissatisfied with my response PLEASE let me know before giving me a negative review so that I may try to be of better assistance. Or if you prefer, let me know and I can “Opt Out” and your question can be re-posted without additional cost to you. I will be fair to you and only ask the same from you.

Good luck.

Please note: Information is educational and not given as legal advice. Only your local attorney can give legal advice. I can't establish or accept an attorney-client relationship with you. All posts are available for public viewing.

Kind regards,

Gerald

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Thanks Gerald. Should the release form mention both my company and my partner's company?

Hello:

Thank you for the excellent follow up question and thank you for your patience.

YES. Name both companies since you are aware that both will be involved.

Kind regards,

Gerald

(Please do not forget to rate me – click the five stars. It adds nothing additional to your costs, but it helps me greatly. Plus it is good Karma for you. Thank you.)