J. Warren
J. Warren, Attorney
Experience:  Experience in general business transaction and formation matters.

I've been negotiating a loan refi with my lender I have a

Customer Question

I've been negotiating a loan refi with my lender I have a lawyer and have made progress on resolving the issues, but I went to second lawyer today to review the issues and have another opinion, my worry right now is that the second lawyer will contact my lender and on his own if Idon't get along with him, The lender knows the contact info with my first lawyer, but doesn't know I went to a high powered lawyer who is well known for defending clients lie me, should I be concerned ?
Category: Business Law
Expert:  J. Warren replied 2 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I am an attorney who will try my very best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site.

It would be unethical for a lawyer to contact a lender and disclose any conversation had with the borrower regarding the what was discussed during the consultation or disclose who a client or whom they have consulted with. This would subject a lawyer to bar discipline. If I were in your shoes I would not be concern

I hope this helps and clarifies. Please use the SEND or REPLY button to keep chatting, or please RATE when finished. You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating. Kindly rate my answer as one of TOP THREE FACES/STARS and then SUBMIT, as this is how experts get credit for our time. Rating my answer at the bottom two faces/stars (or failing to submit the rating) does not give me credit and reflects poorly on me, even if my answer is correct. I work very hard to formulate an informative and honest answer for you; please reciprocate my good faith with a positive rating.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
he needs my permission to contact ?

That is correct unless you have retained the lawyer to assist you in the matter. For further assurance you can request that the lawyer not disclose your identity.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
34;unless you have retained the lawyer to assist you in the matter", I have retained the lawyer to assist me in the matter as a second opinion ,he knows that, do I have to tell me not to contact the lender of is it understood?
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
its just I think that if my lender finds out, they might take back the deal

They should not find out, it would be unethical for the attorney to mention anything about your consultation with another party.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Do u have to tell him not to contact
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Do I
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Would he that without asking ?

You should not have to no but if what want assurance you certainly can tell him that your understanding that the consultation was confidential and will not be discussed with lender unless approved by you first.